Rock Band™ creators Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. and publishing partner Tilting Point® today launched Beat Sports™ for the new Apple TV. Revealed on stage at the Apple Event in September, Beat Sports is a collection of music-infused mini-games inspired by familiar sports like tennis, volleyball and golf. Designed and developed exclusively for the new Apple TV, Beat Sports combines the joy of hitting balls with the fun of hitting the beat! Beat Sports is available now for $9.99 from the App Store for Apple TV, with no in-app purchases.
Beat Sports aren’t your typical sports and you won’t play against your typical athletes. The away team is from far, far away: a musical galaxy full of aliens obsessed with sports! These adorable creatures are your teammates and opponents, challenging you in four different music-infused mini-games. Let your ears and eyes guide you into the groove and show these aliens how it’s done!
Control Beat Sports using the brand-new Siri Remote, and swing, volley and score to the beat of the music! Download the free Beat Sports Remote App from the App Store to turn your iPhone or iPod touch into an extra controller, allowing up to four players to compete against each other in the Buddy Ball mini-game. Beat Sports’ original soundtrack features songs composed by Harmonix and by Masaya Matsuura, the creator of PaRappa the Rapper.
- Four unique and whacky rhythm-based sports mini-games
- Simple and intuitive motion and touch controls
- Unlock new difficulty levels and compete for high scores
- Customize your slugger’s outfit and bat as you unlock new sports equipment
- Play Buddy Ball with up to four players using iPhone or iPod touch as extra controllers
- Fun for everyone from humans of all ages to aliens of all species!
Beat Sports is available now on the App Store for Apple TV.