The launch version vastly improves what the Early Access community awarded a 93% positive rating by doubling the number of playable characters from four to eight, introducing a new winter themed board, overhauling all the graphics while maintaining the same art-style and completely revamping multiplayer matchmaking.
The vibrant magical world of Armello is falling into darkness as the lion king is driven insane by a corrupting evil force called Rot. The kingdom’s four animal clans – Bear, Rabbit, Rat and Wolf – have called forth their heroes to brave the dangerous journey to the king’s palace and challenge the now mad ruler for his crown.
Players choose a character from one of the four clans, each with their own strengths, weaknesses and unique abilities, then compete against three others to ascend the throne.
The mad lion begins each match overwhelmingly more powerful than all the clans’ heroes, but is weakened each day by Rot. Meanwhile other characters become stronger by successfully completing quests until the time is ripe for a strike against the king.
Characters who kill the king and survive the battle are crowned the new ruler. Players with patience can alternatively try to gain the king’s favor and wait until he dies for the kingdom to be passed down to the most loyal hero. Collecting four Spirit Stones and confronting the lion can also restore peace to the land. Finally characters can turn to the dark side and acquire more Rot than the King, then harness the evil power to defeat him.
Armello allows for cooperation between players but these shaky and unreliable alliances are capable of falling apart at a second’s notice, making other power-hungry characters potentially just as dangerous as the zealous royal guards or the evil banes spawned by Rot.
- Pick-up-and-play simplicity while maintaining the depth of turn-based strategy
- Experience a new procedurally-generated board every match
- Choose from eight playable characters, each with their own unique play styles
- Explore over 200 dynamic quests to earn items, cards or stat bonuses
- Collect and play more than 120 beautifully animated cards
- Select one of two game modes – single player or online multiplayer for up to four players
- Conquer Armello in four ways – Combat, Prestige, Spirit Stone or Rot