Got the chance to finally catch up on the backlog of games to review – and this is one that I couldn’t wait to finally get my hands on. Crypt of the Necrodancer blends roguelikes with rhythm action all into one game. I always love rhythm games, but this one takes the cake! LOVES:
- Roguelike game – there has been a new found love for roguelike games since I started playing Risk of Rain, although this is no RoR
- Great soundtrack, not to mention that you can add your own music to the game as well!
- The story-telling in the game is great as well
- Setup available for your dancepad as well if you wanna really get into the dancing mood
- Fairly steep learning curve as most roguelike seem to be
- I can’t stop playing it – is that really a dislike I don’t know… but I hate that I’m addicted!
Get it here.