So we don’t really do PC games, not because we don’t like them but because the only computer we can really use is our streaming machine, which is always streaming. So we got Marcus Morris a gaming enthusiast who owns the site Computer Game Design, to give us a list of the top 10 most anticipated PC games for 2012. Tell us what you think.
Check out the list below.
1. Mass Effect 3 (March 6) – As the finale of the popular Mass Effect trilogy, this game follows the events of Mass Effect 2 in Commander Shepard’s mission to save the universe from the Reapers. This game also has some new features compared to previous versions, including a multiplayer mode and melee combat.
2. Prototype 2 (April 24) – This sequel to Prototype features a new hero who is seeking to destroy the Blacklight Virus, which killed his family in the outbreak. Kill enemies by shape shifting, taking on weapons, and using a Spiderman-like ability to shoot tendrils and make webs. Players can also enjoy the flexibility of making their own missions.
3. Dota 2 (TBA) – This standalone sequel builds on the mod from Warcraft III. Online players work together to defeat an opposing team’s stronghold by using real-time strategy. The game also uses the RPG system of leveling to make play more complex. The game is currently in beta development and expected to be released early this year.
4. Spec Ops: The Line (June 1) – As the ninth game in the Spec Ops series, The Line is a third-person shooter. Players control a Delta Force squad on a mission to rescue a colonel in Dubai. They must battle harsh sandstorms, which can dramatically change the terrain and open or close paths for them. The game will also feature a multi-player mode.
5. MechWarrior Online (Summer) – The BattleMechs from BattleTech return in this free-to-play online game. This is a real-time game that takes place in the year 3049. Players control BattleMechs and have the option of teaming up with a House, making a Corporation, or going solo.
6. Prey 2 (Fall) – This Prey sequel is a first-person shooter from the point of view of a U.S. Marshall who gets taken to an alien planet called Exodus. Although this version has no multi-player mode, it features an expansive adventure as a single bounty hunter in a new part of the Prey universe.
7. Tera (May 1) – Tera stands for The Exiled Realm of Arborea and it is a MMORPG with third-person action. This makes fighting much more interesting, since it involves much more that clicking on a target until their health bar runs out. You can dodge enemy attacks so that you aren’t damaged unless they hit you. The game also features many typical MMO components, such as dungeons, quests, and leveling.
8. Diablo III (Summer) – The hype for this game has been building up for four years, and it’s been over a decade since the previous version was released. It combines hack ‘n slash with dungeon crawl, as a new generation must fight the evil threatening the Sanctuary world. With all the development behind this game, you can expect a vast area to explore and loads of things to find and customize.
9. Borderlands 2 (TBA) – This is a loot game like Diablo combined with the action of a first-person shooter. Choose one of four characters and fulfill various quests as you amass weapons and gain skills. This version also encourages cooperation with non-enemies in order to beat smarter enemies.
10. BioShock Infinite (TBA) – This is the third installment in the BioShock series, though it takes place at an earlier time in a different place. You play an agent in 1912 who visits a city in the sky to find a gifted woman and help her escape. There are some differences from previous BioShock games – your protagonist will be much more vocal and the combat settings have several new features. Still, you can expect another intriguing storyline, amazing graphics, and lots of challenges.