Fans of the Assassin’s Creed series had some questions answered about the upcoming game ‘Revelations’. Some light was shed on some new features and upgrades to gameplay such as, according to Jeff Rubenstein from the PlayStation Blog:
- The control scheme has been revised, pushing Eagle Vision to L3. This frees up the Triangle button for secondary weapons such as daggers.
- Altair comes into play via flashbacks following the thrilling Masyaf key retrieval missions, which are the successors to Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood’s Lairs of Romulus.
- The game map now has a Google Maps-style satellite view that I enjoyed while skipping around the sprawling city of Constantinople/Istanbul.
- The Den Defense mission brought tower defense-style sequences that are completely unlike anything I’ve seen in the Assassin’s Creed universe.
- I saw someone actually *use* the Apple of Eden.
- I noticed some different UI in the Animus, and started to wonder why the interface was different (and no, Ubisoft wouldn’t tell me).
- I saw Ezio stab a dude with a guitar – I think they called them “lutes” back then.
There were some more tidbits about the game that you can check out over at the PlayStation Blog. We at Bifuteki will be hitting the Ubisoft booth at New York Comic Con so keep it here for our hands-on and look for Assassin’s Creed: Revelations to hit retail on November 15th.
[via PlayStation Blog]